We’re looking to add a Director of Catering & Sales to our talented team! Interested? Please review the description below and send your cover letter and resume to Laura Hover, General Manager of McClellan Hospitality, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objective: Experienced hospitality professional needed for dynamic 32,000 square foot event space. This role will develop and implement the total sales and marketing strategies of the catering and conferences services department, and meet/exceed annual revenue targets through the development, advancement and closure of client partnerships.
The McClellan Conference Center is located less than 20 minutes from downtown Sacramento, and regularly hosts meetings, conferences, trade expos and concerts. Features include:
• 32,000 sq. ft. of flexible space
• 10+ breakout rooms
• In-house café
• On-site A/V services
• Banquet services team
• More than 2,000 parking spaces
• Open-Vendor Policy
• Meets/exceeds annual revenue targets through the development, advancement and closure of client partnerships
• Ensures high retention of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new promotions and/or venue assets
• Identifies and builds relationships with key prospects such as meeting planners, event organizers and organizations through cold calling, networking and referrals
• Coordinate client events by choosing appropriate facility based on event size and need. Direct administrative and operational aspects of events and oversee planning and implementation.
• Give tours of facilities and discuss booking logistics, room options and menus with potential clients
• Cultivate strong client relationships/partnerships, ensuring client satisfaction
• Train and manage Event Services Manager and coordinate with Banquet and Food & Beverage Department
• Meet weekly with Food and Beverage department to review upcoming events and parties (BEO-Banquet Event Orders)
• Proactively solicit multiple sources and leads for new events, partners, and venues.
• When needed, negotiates and contracts with vendors for a variety of goods and services related to events planning
• Reviews all major party contracts to ensure both client and The Company goals are achieved
• Oversee the collective coordination of all event information and resources
• Promotes and maintains exceptional customer service standards
Requirements: Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of similar position full-service hospitality experience in large properties with substantial meeting space and catering and banquet services. Background including development of group revenue from association and corporate markets is helpful, as well as the establishment of relationships with local CVBs, meeting planners and companies.