‘Tis the holiday party planning season! The holidays are right around the corner and McClellan Hospitality’s venues are perfect for your next special event.
Book your event at the McClellan Conference Center or The O’Club Restaurant & Lounge by November 1 to receive:
– A free one-hour Manager’s Reception when you book an event that’s $5,000 or more. (Includes house-selected wine and beer, and appetizers.
– 10% off your total event cost when you book an event that’s $15,000 or more. A minimum of $1,500 in savings!
If you have questions or would like to schedule a tour, please contact our Director of Catering, Kelly Rocha, at 916.877.8173 or email@example.com.
If you’re like us, your summer is packed with events! But what if you’re planning an event of your own? Our event specialists offered three of their top tips for planning the ultimate summer soiree.
Tip #1. Nail down the date.
Event venues, especially those with outdoor options, tend to go fast in summer. Whether it be a park, event space, or a restaurant’s patio, be sure to book it in as much advance as possible. Once the date is secured, send out Save The Dates ASAP! With many guests traveling over summer, you’ll want them to get the event on their calendars as soon as you can.
Tip #2. Keep it cool.
With the scorching summer heat, you want to make sure your guests stay cool and avoid overheating. Ask your venue about its options for additional shade (you may have to rent additional tents, umbrellas, etc.) and air conditioning. Be sure to provide plenty of water and maybe even fun frozen options, like popsicles, for your guests at the event.
Tip #3. Lighter food options.
Especially if your event is outside, the last things guests will want is a cream-based, heavy dish. Keep food options light and non-cream based, to avoid spoiling the food (and your guests’ mood!). Cold food items, like melons, seafood and veggies are not only cost-effective, but your guests may appreciate not having to sacrifice their summer beach body diet!
The MCC is a great summer venue, especially with the Coffee Hangar’s patio as an option for outdoor gatherings. To learn more, contact Cheryl Goldfarb, Director of Sales & Catering, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.877.8173.
Summer is here, and we’re bracing for the triple-digit weather! Luckily, the McClellan Conference Center is just minutes from some of the region’s “coolest” attractions. Here are some of our favorite ways to beat the heat!
• Raging Waters – This Cal Expo attraction is fun for the whole family, and located just fifteen minutes from the Conference Center. One of Sacramento’s top amusement parks, Raging Waters has rides, slides and pools—and fun activities for little ones, too! They have a food court with dining options like Yogurtland, Beach Side BBQ and Oasis bar, or you can come back to McClellan Park and dine at The O’Club Restaurant & Lounge. Open through September. Tickets and more information available at www.rwsac.com.
• If being outdoors isn’t your “thing,” you can cool down inside some of the best malls in the region! We’re a short distance from both the Westfield Galleria at Roseville and Sacramento’s Arden Fair Mall. Both malls have a great variety of stores, ample parking and delicious neighboring restaurants. Roseville Galleria, 1151 Galleria Blvd, Roseville CA 95678, www.westfield.com/galleriaatroseville. Arden Fair Mall, 1689 Arden Way Sacramento, CA 95815, www.ardenfair.com/.
• American River Parkway – Referred to as the “jewel of Sacramento,” the 23-mile American River Parkway is perfect for families, water and nature enthusiasts alike. Fish, boat or raft on the river, or pack a picnic and go on a guided tour along paved trails. There are several access points within 45 minutes of the MCC. View the full list here.
You can read about more local attractions on our website, here. See you this summer!
We’re looking to add a Director of Catering & Sales to our talented team! Interested? Please review the description below and send your cover letter and resume to Laura Hover, General Manager of McClellan Hospitality, at email@example.com.
Objective: Experienced hospitality professional needed for dynamic 32,000 square foot event space. This role will develop and implement the total sales and marketing strategies of the catering and conferences services department, and meet/exceed annual revenue targets through the development, advancement and closure of client partnerships.
The McClellan Conference Center is located less than 20 minutes from downtown Sacramento, and regularly hosts meetings, conferences, trade expos and concerts. Features include:
• 32,000 sq. ft. of flexible space
• 10+ breakout rooms
• In-house café
• On-site A/V services
• Banquet services team
• More than 2,000 parking spaces
• Open-Vendor Policy
• Meets/exceeds annual revenue targets through the development, advancement and closure of client partnerships
• Ensures high retention of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new promotions and/or venue assets
• Identifies and builds relationships with key prospects such as meeting planners, event organizers and organizations through cold calling, networking and referrals
• Coordinate client events by choosing appropriate facility based on event size and need. Direct administrative and operational aspects of events and oversee planning and implementation.
• Give tours of facilities and discuss booking logistics, room options and menus with potential clients
• Cultivate strong client relationships/partnerships, ensuring client satisfaction
• Train and manage Event Services Manager and coordinate with Banquet and Food & Beverage Department
• Meet weekly with Food and Beverage department to review upcoming events and parties (BEO-Banquet Event Orders)
• Proactively solicit multiple sources and leads for new events, partners, and venues.
• When needed, negotiates and contracts with vendors for a variety of goods and services related to events planning
• Reviews all major party contracts to ensure both client and The Company goals are achieved
• Oversee the collective coordination of all event information and resources
• Promotes and maintains exceptional customer service standards
Requirements: Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of similar position full-service hospitality experience in large properties with substantial meeting space and catering and banquet services. Background including development of group revenue from association and corporate markets is helpful, as well as the establishment of relationships with local CVBs, meeting planners and companies.
The McClellan Conference Center team is gearing up for a busy summer! Here are our “can’t-miss” events. To view the full listing of public events, visit our online calendar.
June 27-29 – California Outdoor Sports Expo
Three days, hundreds of the finest outdoor sports vendors, and tons of fun! Show hours are 9 to 6 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday, and 9 to 3 p.m. on Thursday. For more information, visit californiaoutdoorsports.com.
June 29 – City Career Fair
Get your resume in front of some of the best local employers at this free admission event. Participating employers include Jelly Belly, US Air Force, Blue Shield, Pride Industries, the City of Sacramento, the State of California & more! View the full list and get details here.
July 8 – HuskyShows Presents The Rippingtons with Michael Lington
The HuskyShows summer series is happening at the McClellan Conference Center all summer long! Kick off the series by watching renowned musicians, The Rippingtons, and special guest Michael Lington light up the stage. This is one you definitely won’t want to miss! To purchase tickets and view the rest of the lineup, visit the HuskyShows website.
Stay tuned for more fun events to come! If you want to book an event of your own, contact Cheryl Goldfarb, Director of Sales & Catering, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.877.8173.
We’re looking to add an Executive Meeting Manager to our team!
Objective: Plan, solicit, book and coordinate group meetings to enable the conference center to meet and/or exceed revenue goals.
– Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through telemarketing, mailings, referrals, etc. to maximize revenue.
– Plan, up-sell and detail the meeting/function with the client, including space requirements, times, equipment, menus, billing instructions, etc. Complete the contracts, prepare areas in the conference center, and resolve any issues, complaints, and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
– Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings. Provide quality customer service to customers.
– Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
– Maintain accurate, legible records & files.
About McClellan Conference Center: The McClellan Conference Center is a 32,000 square foot event space, located in McClellan Park, minutes from both Roseville and Downtown Sacramento. With more than 10 breakout rooms of all sizes, the conference center regularly hosts multi-day conferences, trade shows, concerts and more. For additional details, visit mcclellanconferencecenter.com.
Email cover letter and resume to Laura Hover, General Manager of McClellan Hospitality Services, at email@example.com.
The McClellan Conference Center opened its doors to celebrate its recently-completed renovations and the first anniversary of launching under its new brand. With a ribbon cutting with the Roseville Area Chamber of Commerce, live music, delicious food from The O’Club Restaurant & Lounge and coffee from Coffee Hangar Cafe to end the night, the whole team had a great time toasting to another great year of amazing clients and events.
Have you stopped by to see the building’s updates? Our 32,000 square foot space now boasts additional restrooms, a new breakout room, additional doors to our General Session space and a renovated lobby area. Call 916.877.8159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
Check out these photos from the main event!
Meet our newest addition to the MCC team: Laura Hover, Director of Sales. Read on for some fun facts about Laura!
Hometown: Syracuse, NY
Number of Years in Hospitality: 25+
Favorite thing about working at the MCC: Meeting new clients and showcasing our renovated space!
#1 event planning tip: Build relationships with your customers. It promotes loyalty.
Favorite quote: “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
Fun Fact: I’m an avid crocheter and a bookworm!
The McClellan Conference Center prides itself on its talented team. Cheryl Goldfarb, our Director of Catering & Sales, has nearly two decades of hospitality experience, and handles every event with first-class customer service and professionalism. Read on for some fun facts about Cheryl!
Hometown: San Jose, California
Number of years in hospitality: 17 years, across various positions
Favorite thing about working at the MCC: No two days are the same. I get an opportunity to work on so many different types of events, things that I would never see working in a traditional hotel environment.
Most memorable event: There have been so many amazing events here. If I had to chose a recent one, I would say the PEAK Autism Conference. The planning team was excellent and the speakers were amazing.
#1 event planning tip: Be creative and think outside of the box! It is the simple things that people will remember.
Favorite quote: “Stop saying ‘I wish.’ Start saying ‘I will.'”
Fun fact: I helped rescue, bottle feed and find homes for more than 90 kittens when I was a teenager.
Over the past few months, our team has been hard at work making exciting, BIG changes to the MCC. We’re closed for the holidays (with the exception of an awesome event on New Year’s Eve) to finish up the renovations, but we’ll be back in the office beginning Tuesday, January 3, 2017. Stop by for a tour at the top of the new year, as we put on the finishing touches!
Here’s what you can expect in 2017:
- Additional restrooms
- LED lighting throughout the building
- Additional doors, to allow for quicker entry and exit
- Better acoustics in the General Session
- Even more ADA accommodations
See you in 2017!